Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wishing for you to come home.....

I miss my sweet little cat. Well, maybe little isn't the right word. He is my baby no matter what anyone says. My Dongwa is my familiar. He is like another child to me. I have had him for 8 wonderful years. He is such a cuttle-bug. Always purring and wanting to be pet. He has been missing for over a month now. He went missing November 7, 2010. I know he is still out there. I know he is still alive. He is a fighter and always has been. He will make it home someday. I know he will. But I guess to really understand Dongwa, you have to know him. I am going to take you readers on a ride. Through the life of my beloved cat. My Dongwa. I will tell you all about him and maybe then you will see why he is so important to me and why I love him so much. Why I miss him so much.
Dongwa John Larkin was born May 11, 2002. It was Mother's Day and I had just finished having a party at my grandparents house to celebrate. My mom said I could go to my friends house. It was freshmen year of high school. I was 14. My friends cat was pregnant and she promised that I could have one of the kittens. I actually ended up taking two. When Dongwa was born, I knew he was the one I wanted. He was smaller then the rest, not that you could tell now. He was sweet with a head way to big for his body. I knew he was my familiar the minute I picked him up. 
I had just discovered my religion right before I got him. I was Wiccan and proud to be. I never thought I needed a familiar because so many other witches didn't have them. But when I saw him. When I saw Dongwa I knew he was the key to my powers. 
As the years went on, he became one with me. As soon as I came home from school, he was there at the door, waiting. He spent the whole night with me as we did rituals. He is best friend. 
He got much bigger as the years went on and by 2005, he was 35 pounds of pure muscle. Whenever someone new came to my house they were scared of him. But he was always so gentle. I called him my panther. He looked like one too. Only with pointy ears as appose to round. He was always there for me. NO matter what happened in my life he was there to comfort me.
Some people don't believe that animals can understand humans but I believe they can. I believe that Dongwa knew everything I was saying to him and responded to the best of his ability. Dongwa could even meow what sounded like "I love you".
About 3 years ago, he got sick. I believe it was his kidneys. He dropped from 35 pounds of muscle to 6 pounds in less then two weeks. I thought I was going to lose him forever. Around that time is when I got Billy. He was meant to be my mothers cat but attached to me instead. I believe that Dongwa thought he was there to replace him. Even though no cat could ever replace my baby. But I see Billy as my miracle cat. Because of him, Dongwa fought his sickness with all he could. Within weeks I could see a change in Dongwa. He was gaining weight back and his coat was shinier then ever. About a month after Billy came into our lives, Dongwa was back to being a healthy, happy cat weighing in at 16 pounds of pure fat LOL.
This is the most recent picture I have of my sweet little baby. This was taken only a week before he went missing. If anyone reading this happens to live in the Tucson, Arizona area and has seen him, please let me know. He went missing around Roger and Flowing Wells. I have signs posted all over my neighborhood and the Circle K at the corner has a poster too. My information is on that poster. Please, I miss him so much. I just want him home. If anyone has seen him or knows where he is, please contact me. I hope he comes home safely. I will never give up my search for him. I love him dearly. Dongwa please come home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment