Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Is It Hot In Here?

Today was a day of baking. I went to my grandmothers and we made some really delicious deserts for Thanksgiving. It is fun to hang out with my grandma. She can be really funny. She even made a crack about the music I put on. She said she had to take out her hearing aid lol. Man she can be so funny.
We made some really good things. I just want to eat it all up but I know that I have to wait till tomorrow. Which sucks because I want to eat it NOW! LOL! Grandma made this really yummy looking Pecan Pie that I can't wait to eat. Then I made this thing called a Pumpkin Bread Pudding thing or something like that. Anyways, it looks really good. Bread crumbs and pumpkin puree and pecans. Delish!
Next we made Pumpkin Pie, my favorite. It is so good it took all I had not to eat right there. And then I made this cranberry sauce. However, it wasn't normal cranberry sauce. It was Cranberry-Pomegranate Relish. I stole a couple tastes of that and oh my god was it good. 

then we made these cool bread sticks which just look awesome. They smelled really good too.  But the last thing we made was probably the best. I love it so much that I am going to put the recipe on here for all of you. It is called Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake. So good.





Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake


Ingredients:
38 NABISCO Ginger Snaps, finely crushed
1/4 cup finely chopped PLANTERS Pecans
1/4 cup butter, melted
4 pkg. (8 oz each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg


Directions:
HEAT oven to 350 degrees F. MIX crumbs, nuts, and butter; press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of 9-inch spring-form pan. BEAT cream cheese and sugar with mixer until blended. Add pumpkin, spice, and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing after each just until blended. Pour into crust. BAKE 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until center is almost set. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours. Serve with a dollop of COOL WHIP and dusting of nutmeg.


This really is so good you all have to try it. And that was my fun baking day with my grandma. I hope to do it again sometime soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment